Monday, September 30, 2013

Plum Poppy Seed Muffins


This recipe is adapted from Deb Perleman's Smitten Kitchen Cookbook which my dear friend gave to me for my birthday last year.


The plums I used were from the tree in the back yard. I put in a cup more of sugar overall because I love my sugar and wanted more of a desert than a muffin. The plums were not fully ripe and so that is also why I added more sugar.

  • 6 tablespoons (3 ounces or 85 grams) unsalted butter, melted and browned and cooled, plus butter for muffin cups
  • 1 large egg, lightly beaten
  • 1/2 cup (50 grams) granulated sugar
  • 1/2 cup (50 grams) packed dark or light brown sugar
  • ¾ cup (180 grams)  full- fat plain yogurt
  • 1-1/2 cup (125 grams) all- purpose flour
  • ¾ teaspoon baking powder
  • ¾ teaspoon baking soda
  • ¼ teaspoon table salt
  • Pinch of ground cinnamon
  • Pinch of freshly grated nutmeg
  • 2 tablespoons (20 grams) poppy seeds
  • 2 cups pitted and diced plums, from about ¾ pound (340 grams) Italian prune plums (though any plum variety will do)

Wet ingredients 

The book Smitten Kitchen Cookbook by Deb Perelman

Dry ingredients 

 Do not use the mixer at this point. Fold the fruit it so as not to turn the fruit to mush.

Add caption

Ready for the oven

I used cupcake holders with foil on the inside which helps bake and remove afterward.


To share at work with co-workers



No comments:

Post a Comment