Sunday, April 14, 2013

Creating a Garden Space

When I first got started on this project I went around my house and found what I could to create a border for the planter box. I found three boards and some rocks and some bricks. 

The raking of the leaves was difficult because of the fence. I could never get it all.



I tilled the dirt. This was harder than it looks because I am small and weak. I hate the weeds. 

I used the larger boards of wood in the back to try to prevent weeds from growing from that side. (In vain, I am sure) I positioned the other long board in the front and secured it with dirt.






I want to be a tidy gardener so I cleaned up the leaves on the cement. Then I swept and added the rest of my boarder. I will probably do the same to the rest of the garden space but this was enough for one day. I ordered my seeds from rareseeds.com, and will be late getting my plants in the ground. I should be okay though, because I live in zone, 8,9 and 14 in California. 

No comments:

Post a Comment