Sunday, April 14, 2013

The First BBQ of the Season


Tri Tip Sandwich with Asparagus 

 I invited my mother over for some really yummy Tri Tip. It was our first time cooking the Tri Tip and so we used a thermometer. The middle of the Tri Tip should come off at 150 degrees F. You can let it go to 160 if you like well-done meat.


We drizzled oil over the Asparagus and spiced it with salt and pepper. 

After the meat was cooked and pulled off the grill, we let it rest for 5-10 minutes. Then we sliced it really thin to make sandwiches. We added the grilled onions and bell peppers,and avocado.
 

Then add desired cheese. We used Jack. 



I also collected grapefruit and oranges from the tree across the Street from our house. It is over 100 years old! 

 I juiced them until I had just under a pitcher full. I added 1 cup of Azucar/ sugar. Stir it up. We added vodka, soda water and ice. Soo good. 




We threw in in the broiler for 5 minutes or less to brown and crisp the top. Do not put top of bread roll on until after the broiling process. 



















No comments:

Post a Comment