Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Breakfast with Mother


Lemon Bars with Black Tea


I did the lemon filling in the blender

The crust cooked for 20 minutes
Add the filling



Browned around the edges means it is done

Eggs Benedict



I made a morning date with my mother on Sunday morning because my boyfriend was out of town. I made lemon bars the night before. I used the Smitten Kitchen recipe from my new cookbook by Deb. I used a rice flour/wheat flour mix for the crust which tends to make the crust more crumbly. The lemon bars came out perfect! The crust was flaky and did hold together.

When my mother arrived I made us smoothies out of bananas, frozen berries, agave syrup, and frozen orange juice cubes. I added a splash of water for consistency.

Soon after we drank up the smoothies, we decided to make eggs benedict. I had asked her to get english muffins but she misunderstood and brought bagels. No bother! I poached the eggs and made the hollandaise sauce. I toasted the bagels and added salt, pepper, sweet paprika, and cayenne pepper on top of the poached eggs and hollandaise sauce. The sauce came out very yellow because the eggs are free range and have lots of carotene in them.

We ate the eggs first. Then I made black tea and we ate the lemon bars. It was a 3 course breakfast and it was so delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment