Sunday, January 6, 2013

Calendar Postcards


Calendar Postcards for Friends and Family

Last year my mother gave me a calendar from the Monterey Bay Aquarium. It was on the small side for a calendar, but I put it on my mantle and watched the pictures go by nonetheless.

          I like to reuse calendar pictures and this year I made them into postcards for my friends and family. I cut out each picture and the paper was already thick enough to be a post card. (I wonder if the Aquarium does this on purpose?) I also cut out the pictures from the back of the calendar and glued them to the back so that the recipient could enjoy two pictures from the calendar instead of just one.

       
Front

Back

   I used my new Bic marker set I got in my stocking for Christmas to write the notes and this made me very happy. I really enjoyed using the different colors of blues and greens to complement the water colors in the pictures.

Address goes in the blank spot

This is a great way to send out thank you cards after Christmas and it can be very meaningful. You look at your calendar pictures all year and then decide which picture goes to which person in your life.  

No comments:

Post a Comment