Wednesday, January 2, 2013


The Snobby Moose  

Jan 2 2013

Dinner for Two-Chicken Cesar Salad

          The New Year is upon us and we have upgraded our kitchen and our electronics for documenting our creations. However, our meal tonight has no photos because we were sick and did not feel like doing the extra step of documentation. We had two organic chicken breasts to start. We decided to do Chicken Cesar Salad. I had made the dressing for it once in my high school food class.  We went to the store to get the anchovies it calls for. We bought both brands to compare taste and quality. “Star” and “Yankee Clipper Seafood.” We used the Yankee Clipper Seafood brand and the anchovies were curled up in a spiral and had a caper berry in the middle. I believe this brand would be good for crackers but is not necessary for the salad dressing because you chop the fish up anyways. I threw the capers in the small food processor with six anchovies.
   
       The croutons were made with sourdough bought from the store that I toasted in the oven with spices and olive oil. I used garlic and onion powder, salt and pepper. I tear the bread into a bowl and throw the oil and spices on it and then put the bread on parchment paper on a cookie sheet in the oven for 10 minutes at 425 degrees. I flip it once to create evenness.
  
        We bought romaine lettuce as it is traditional for Cesar salad. I also bought an avocado and some green onion because I love those two things so much in all my salads.
     
        The chicken breasts were marinated in lemon, Soy Vay sauce, and pepper for about 2 hours. Then they were tenderized. Chris did the BBQ for this dish and we had BBQ grilled chicken for our salad. The lemon was from a local tree and really shined through as a flavor in the dish. 

No comments:

Post a Comment